Riff Experience India Travel Itinerary
Songlines, UK magazine, regarded Jodhpur RIFF www.jodhpurriff.org as one of the best 25 international festivals. In Jodhpur we attend this favourite festival of mine for the day & evening, taking away with us an unforgettable experience that cannot be repeated anywhere else in the world.
Created in 2007, by international standards this is a small festival of only 1200. The quality & depth of musicians from India & around the globe, the stunning intimate setting inside Merangarh Fort, fully catered by Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces makes this a 5 star event. You party with peoples from all over India & the world with a passion for music, art & culture under the October full moon. Always in attendance is the chief patron of the festival Maharaja Gaj Singh & when his schedule allows International patron Sir Mick Jagger.
On arrival to India we explore New Delhi, a city of stark contrasts & once my home for 4 years past. Following day we take an internal air flight far into the northern state Punjub, food bowl of India & sense the awe of the Golden Temple Amritsar, train travel on the infamous Indian Railway, this institution moves nearly 20 million people every day through out all India. Traveling on Indian Rail will add a fascinating dimension to your Indian experience.Our train will take us onto Haridwar to view devotions & rituals on the Ganges Haridwar, not just a sacred river, a goddess & the Life Source of India. After returning to New Delhi for a night we move onto Agra visiting Agra Fort & learn the mystery of the beautiful Taj Mahal built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in loving memory of his favourite wife, Mumtaz 1653.
Travelling west via the ancient now deserted city Fatepursekri & onto Jaipur the Pink City to experience Rajasthan’s royal Amber Fort via elephants & Hawa Mahal. We rest in the charming village of Samode, take a camel ride to Samode palace for sunset drinks, next day we are off, travelling north west to Jodhpur “Blue City’ to delight at Riff’s global music in magnificent Mehrangarh Fort. Onto Udaipur soaking in beautiful sunsets over Lake Pichola, boats take us across to the famous & one of the finest hotels in India, Taj Palace Lake Hotel. Returning by air to New Delhi for a final night. A farewell evening feast of north west frontier Peshawari cuisine at, in my opinion & Bill Clintons, one of New Delhi’s best restaurants. Full itinerary below.
13rd October Thursday
Morning yoga in our hotel to suit all levels, breakfast. This morning we visit the small farming village of Savadar 1 hour outside of Jaipur where I have connections with the local school. Visiting this rural school gives us a chance to interact with very keen English speaking young students, the future of India can be seen in the faces & smiles of these enthusiastic children. Afternoon we arrive at the peaceful surrounds of Samode Bagh with time for a swim to cool off. We stay in tented cottages amongst the 16th-century Mughal style garden spread over an area of 8 hectors, enclosed by a 14 meter high wall. Overnight Samode 2 nights.
14th October Friday
A day to go about at your own pace. Yoga if you wish, breakfast, have the day by the pool relaxing or walking onto the village of Samode thru dusty country lanes past farmer families tending their crops, goats & bullocks grazing. Our heritage hotel offers desert camel & cart rides into the sand hills where we can enjoy the sunset. A tour of nearby Samode Palace & if you wish stay on for dinner in their beautiful elegant dinning room. Overnight Samode.
Few more details . . .
The accommodation I have selected has a story to it, meaning some places with long history’s & royal connections in Rajasthan. In Delhi a modern private guesthouse with an Indo Western ambience, in the northern city Amritsar a modern chic hotel followed by in Haridwar a heritage haveli. All places I have stayed at before & always found them clean & safe with air conditioning.
The cost of $5000 is per person in twin share accommodation. Costs would be higher for a single traveler, invite someone to join you & have fun together. For road travel our small bus is with a professional driver who I use regularly. Our driver is not a Tour Guide. During October weather is hot during the day with beautiful warm evenings perfect for sitting outside, bring along your swimmers. Maximum of 8 people on tour plus myself, your companion.
Your trip cost, $5000 covers:
- Ros to welcome you on arrival in New Delhi at Indira Ghandi International Airport
- 12 days bus, driver
- 2 internal flights
- 1 day train trip
- 17 nights Accommodation. 1 night arrival + 16 nights Riff Experience India Tour 2016 – twin share with breakfast
- Riff Music Festival ticket
- Celebrate India dinner final evening New Delhi
A deposit of $900 with the Booking Form is required to confirm your booking. Final payment due on or before 12th August. Receipts will be issued at all times. See Terms & Conditions for details.
[su_tab title=”Extra Costs“]
Extras costs for you
- Taxi cost on your departure from Hotel to Indira Ghandi International Airport. Approx. $30 per car
- Meals [other than all breakfasts & the farewell dinner on last day] & drinks [other than the farewell dinner drinks] . Meals can vary from $8 to $35 ex alcohol
- Other than the delicious Indian Kingfisher Beer, alcohol is expensive
- If you wish to do morning yoga, to suit all levels, that is an extra cost of no more than $20 per session
- Tipping is expected in India, this will come from a daily kitty, amount to be decided on our first tour day together. Covering occasions such as but not restricted to, toilet stops, meal tipping [other than breakfast] & hotel tipping
- Tip for our driver at the end of 13 days approx. $35 per person.
- Entry & guides to/at all sites – approx. 11 sites -. Entry cost per person can range $5 up to $25 for the Taj Mahal. Guides max $10 per person
- Shop around for special return flights Brisbane to New Delhi, approx. $1150 Economy
- You must have a Visa to visit India. Apply for a Tourist Visa online http://www.vfs-in-au.com/ or thru your Travel Agent. I can give direction with this. Allow 30 days for the process cost $110
- Travel Insurance is compulsory on this trip. I require you are covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. Your policy also is to cover personal liability, cancellation, curtailment & loss of luggage & personal effects. See Terms & Conditions for more on compulsory Insurance.
- Depending on your departure times out of New Delhi you may need a hotel on 21st October, I can assist
- If you want to do more in India I suggest to add extra days after our trip finishes on 21st October. I am happy to pass on what I know of the places you may wish to visit.
[su_tab title=”Booking Form & Terms and Conditions“]